It could be problems at home--with parents, with siblings, an alcoholic parent, divorce--or it could be problems at school--pressure from your teachers, pressure from your friends, or pressure from your parents to do well.
Other stresses teens face may include:
- High competition for jobs - the feeling that there are no jobs out there.
- Education choices - after high school, paying for college Stress of living at home, but yet feeling old enough to be on your own.
- Financial pressures - part time work is scarce and parents don't have as much money as they did 20 years ago.
- Dis-functional families - teens from divorced families, alcoholic, or abusive families.
- Blended families - teens may feel out of place
What can you do about stresses such as these? The number one way to prevent a lot of stress is to keep the lines of communication open.
Read more about how you can better manager teen stress: