During the last fifty years or so yoga has gained immense popularity due to its beneficial effects on all aspects of life.
Yoga certainly helps you in dealing with stress: it relaxes you, makes your body more resilient to stress and gives you an overall sense of balance.
The other benefits of Yoga are –
- Better quality of sleep,
- Lowering of blood pressure,
- Increased strength and flexibility of your body,
- Improvement in blood circulation which leads to a healthier heart,
- Improvement in joint movements,
- Improved memory and concentration,
- Increase in the immunity of body.
Let us start by examining the nature of stress and then go on to understand why it makes sense to take up Yoga for stress management and relaxation. Read more...